Privacy and organization are essential aspects of managing your Android device. Sometimes, you may want to hide certain apps for various reasons, such as keeping them away from prying eyes or decluttering your home screen.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore how to hide apps on Android without disabling them. We’ll also cover how to unhide apps, prevent apps from being hidden, and ensure the security of your hidden apps.
Table of Contents
How to Hide Apps on Android
Hiding apps on Android involves different methods depending on your device’s manufacturer and the Android version. Here’s a general approach:
- Access App Drawer: Open your app drawer by tapping the “Apps” icon or swiping up from the home screen.
- Tap and Hold: Tap and hold the app you want to hide until a menu appears.
- Select Hide: On some devices, you may see the option to “Hide,” “Remove,” or “Disable.” Choose the option that corresponds to hiding the app.
- Confirm: Confirm your choice to hide the app. The app’s icon will disappear from the home screen and app drawer.
How to Hide Apps Without Disabling Them
Hiding apps without disabling them is a more discreet way to declutter your home screen. You can use third-party apps or built-in features:
Using Built-In Features (Samsung One UI):
- Pinch Out on Home Screen: On the home screen, pinch out with two fingers to access home screen settings.
- Tap on Home Screen Settings: Tap “Home Screen Settings” or a similar option.
- Hide Apps: Look for an option like “Hide Apps” or “App Drawer Layout.”
- Select Apps to Hide: Choose the apps you want to hide by checking their boxes.
- Apply Changes: Apply the changes, and the selected apps will no longer appear on the home screen but will remain accessible through the app drawer.
Using Third-Party Apps:
There are various third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that allow you to hide apps without disabling them. Examples include Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, and Action Launcher. Here’s a general guideline:
- Install a Launcher App: Download and install a launcher app of your choice from the Google Play Store.
- Set It as Your Default Launcher: Open the launcher app and set it as your default launcher.
- Access App Drawer: Use the launcher’s app drawer, which typically has a “Hide Apps” or “App Drawer Settings” option.
- Select Apps to Hide: Choose the apps you want to hide, and they will no longer appear on your home screen but will be accessible through the launcher’s app drawer.
How to Unhide Apps on Android
To unhide apps on Android:
- Access Home Screen Settings: Depending on your device, pinch out on the home screen or tap and hold an empty area to access home screen settings.
- Tap on Hidden Apps: Look for an option like “Hidden Apps” or “Show Hidden Apps.”
- Select Apps to Unhide: Choose the apps you want to unhide by checking their boxes.
- Apply Changes: Apply the changes, and the previously hidden apps will be visible on your home screen or app drawer.
How to Prevent Apps from Being Hidden
To prevent apps from being hidden on your Android device:
- Access App Drawer: Open your app drawer.
- Tap and Hold the App: Tap and hold the app you want to prevent from being hidden.
- Select App Info: Choose “App Info” or a similar option from the menu.
- Disable or Lock: Depending on your Android version, you may see options to disable the app or lock it. Choose the appropriate option to prevent the app from being hidden.
How to Secure Hidden Apps
If privacy is a concern, it’s essential to secure your hidden apps. You can use app lockers or secure folders to add an extra layer of protection. Here’s a general approach:
- Install an App Locker: Download and install an app locker app from the Google Play Store, such as AppLock or Norton App Lock.
- Set Up the App Locker: Follow the app’s setup instructions to create a PIN, pattern, or password.
- Select Apps to Lock: In the app locker, choose the apps you want to secure, including the hidden apps.
- Apply Lock: Apply the lock, and now, even if someone accesses your hidden apps, they won’t be able to open them without the lock code.
Hiding apps on Android without disabling them is a useful way to maintain privacy and organization on your device. Whether you prefer using built-in features or third-party launcher apps, these methods allow you to declutter your home screen without losing access to important apps.
Additionally, you can secure your hidden apps using app lockers or secure folders for added privacy and peace of mind.
- How to Cast from Android to TV With or Without Chromecast
Streaming content from your Android device to your TV has become increasingly popular, offering a more immersive viewing experience. Whether..
- How to Remove Work Profile from Android Without Losing Data
Work profiles on Android provide a convenient way to separate your personal and professional life on a single device. However,..
- How to Transfer Messages from Android to Android Quickly and Easily
Switching to a new Android device is an exciting endeavor, but the process of transferring your messages can seem daunting…
- How to Block Ads on Android Without Rooting Your Phone
Advertisements are an integral part of the digital world, but they can also be intrusive and disruptive when you’re using..
- How to Block Texts on Android By Sender or Keyword
Text messages have become an integral part of our communication, but not all texts are welcome. Whether you’re receiving unwanted..
- How to Delete Downloads on Android All at Once or Individually
Over time, our Android devices accumulate a plethora of downloads, ranging from files and documents to images, videos, and apps…